David Walther, DDS, MS
One of Dr. David Walther's most memorable moments as a dentist came when a patient cried tears of joy after receiving a new set of teeth. Providing comprehensive dental care to patients with special needs and challenging dental health problems is one of the most rewarding aspects of his practice.
Dr. Walther teaches at Meriter Hospital and is able to treat difficult cases under general anesthesia and intravenous sedation anesthesia because of this affiliation. He is active in the Academy Dental Society of Anesthesiology and American Dental Association, and volunteers with Donated Dental Services and “Give a Kid a Smile”, programs that provide free dental care to children and adults. He also promotes community dental health education through volunteer programs of the Dane County Dental Society.
Outside of his practice, Dr. Walther plays clarinet and sings in his church choir. He is a member of "Doc Rock and the Artificial Hipsters," DHA's official rock band. Married for nearly 40 years, Dr. Walther and his wife have four grown children and six grandchildren.
Specialty: General Dentistry
49 N. Walbridge Ave.
Madison, WI 53714
- B.S., University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee
- D.D.S., University of Illinois College of Dentistry
- M.S., University of Illinois College of Dentistry
Memberships and Associations
- Life Member, University of Illinois Alumni Association
- Meriter Hospital Dental Staff
- Wisconsin Dental Association
- Past President, Dane County Dental Society
- American Association of Dental Editors
- American Academy of Oral Pathology
- Academy Dental Society of Anesthesiology
- American Dental Association
- Past Editor, Dane County Dental Society Newsletter
- Peer Review and Ethics Committee, WIsconsin Dental Association