March has arrived, which means that spring is just around the corner! For most of us, this time of the year is when we celebrate the end of winter by opening our windows, cleaning our houses, and getting out and enjoying some fresh air. But as we focus on fresh air and spring cleaning, how many of us think about our cleaning our teeth and ways we can ensure a healthy happy smile?
Even if you are dedicated to brushing your teeth twice a day and flossing at least once a day, you still should add dental cleaning to your spring routine. Visiting your dentist regularly can improve not only your oral health and your smile, but it can also significantly improve your long-term health.
What is the importance of dental cleaning appointments?
Routine Cleanings Make a Difference! We recommend dental cleanings every six months to remove plaque and tarter from your teeth, which can’t be removed with regular brushing and flossing. Your dental hygienist or dentist will use special tools to safely remove the buildup that accumulates overtime by scaling and polishing your teeth. Without these routine cleanings, the plaque and tartar can buildup on your teeth and can cause cavities, decay, inflammation in the gums, and gum disease.
Dental cleanings are very important to your overall health and can prevent dental decay or disease. They are also an opportunity for your dentist to examine your teeth and gums and identify any other issues that may have gone undetected.
Benefits of Routine Cleanings
- Regular dental cleanings allow you to get rid of disease-causing bacteria.
- They can reverse early symptoms of gum diseases and prevent complications such as tooth loss.
- It gives your dental hygienist and dentist a chance to examine your mouth at regular intervals. This facilitates early detection of dental decay or gum disease.
- Prevents dental decay or gum disease progression, which can save you money as it decreases the chances that you will need future procedures or treatments.
- Regular teeth cleaning keeps your teeth looking bright and gums healthy.
- It prevents bad breath.
- Boosts your overall health.
As you get your spring-cleaning checklist ready, make sure to think about yourself and ways you can keep your smile bright. So, please make the most of this season by scheduling a routine dental cleaning to ensure that you can maintain good oral and overall health. Our team of excellent dental professionals is here to assist you in your journey to a beautiful and healthy smile. If you have any more questions or would like to schedule an appointment, please reach out to us.