Chad Schwitters, DDS
Dr. Chad Schwitters is a partner and general dentist at our American Center Clinic location near Sun Prairie and serves patients from all over Madison and its surrounding communities. His passion about oral health and how it contributes to the overall wellbeing of every single person is what gives him perspective when treating his patients.
"General dentistry allows me to look at oral health in its entirety. As a dentist, I am in a unique position to examine and identify other possible health ailments that can be visible in the mouth and might otherwise go unnoticed. Whether I am examining a child's first tooth or restoring a smile that had been lost, I am committed to delivering the highest quality of dental care to all of my patients."
Dr. Schwitters earned a B.S. degree with distinction in Chemistry from the University of Iowa in 1999. He went on to pursue research in endocrinology, studying CTFG (connective tissue growth factor) at the University of Iowa Hospitals in Iowa City and earned his D.D.S. from the University of Iowa College of Dentistry in 2004. He was inducted into the National Dental Honor Society Omicron Kappa Upsilon upon graduation.
During his undergraduate studies, Dr. Schwitters ran for the University of Iowa's cross country and track and field teams and continues to participate in various community running events here in Madison. He resides in the Sun Prairie area with his wife Nicole, their 4 children and the family's 2 dogs. He has been practicing dentistry since 2004 and has been with Dental Health Associates of Madison since 2006.
Dr. Schwitters continues to pursue excellence in dentistry through the completion of hundreds of hours of continuing education. "I believe in providing the best possible dental care to my patients, and that requires being up to date on the ever-changing techniques, new materials, and advanced technology that exists within the dental profession. He has continued proficiency in areas regarding:
- Cosmetic Dentistry Techniques and Restoration
- Dental Implants
- Management of Dental Trauma
- Root Canal Treatment, Endodontics
- Dental Surgical Techniques
- The Study of Oral Diseases
- Dental Diagnostics and Treatment Planning
- Dental Radiographs
- Medical Emergencies and Life Support
- The Relationship Between Medical Health/Medications and Dental Health
- The Use of Technology in Dentistry
- Invisalign® Certification
Specialty: General Dentistry
5002 AmCenter Drive
Madison, WI 53718
- B.S., University of Iowa
- D.D.S., University of Iowa College of Dentistry
Dental Research Award, University of Iowa College of Dentistry, 2000-2004
Omicron Kappa Upsilon, since 2004
Named one of Madison's bests dentists by his peers in top Dentist polls since 2013. Madison Magazine, "Top Dentists" in Madison, WI 2013-2019
- American Association of Dental Research 2000-2004
- Iowa Dental Student Research Association 2000-2004
- Effects of organophosphates on osteogenic gene expression. 2004 IADR Meeting, Honolulu, Hawaii, March 2004
- Osteocalcin expression is enhanced on large grit acid etched implant surfaces. 2003 AADR Meeting, San Antonio TX, March 2003
- Bone Sialoprotein Expression in UMR106-01BSP Osteoblasts Increases in vitro on Roughened Surfaces. 2002 IADR Meeting, San Diego CA, March 2002
- Chadwick W. Schwitters 2001-2004 Dental Research Award. Investigation: Does implant surface roughness alter the regulation of bone differentiation? Article: Biomedical Implant Surface Topography and its effects on Osteoblast differentiation in vitro. Bone sialoprotein expression in UMR106-01BSP osteoblasts increases in vitro on roughened surfaces, J.Dent. Res., 81, A-439, 2002
Memberships and Associations
- American Dental Association
- Wisconsin Dental Association
- Dane County Dental Society
- Academy of General Dentistry
Dr. Schwitters provides treatment for your whole family. He focuses on preventative care solutions that can help his patients prevent dental issues before they begin.
He provides a full range of dental services to people in the Sun Prairie and Madison area include cleanings, exams, x-rays, fillings, crowns, sealants, whitening treatments, oral cancer screenings, and protective mouth guards. Dr. Schwitters understands that patients can be reluctant to go to the dentist because of fear and concern about how painful treatment might be. But he is committed to providing all of his patients from young children to older adults with gentle treatment and a comfortable environment.
If you are experiencing gum swelling or facial pain because of a Broken Tooth, Missing Crown, or Tooth Infection call our American Center Clinic Dental Office near Sun Prairie at 608.467.3000 immediately!
Not a big reviewer, but gotta give a shout-out to Doc Schwitters. Been helping me with my chompers for near a decade now. Today, he definitely went above and beyond in my book, always looking out for me. Top-notch doc. Also, can't really say enough about the wonderful hygienist and dental assistant. New group today, but all I've met there have been wonderful. They're always friendly, gentle and skilled. Thanks team! - Isaac C.
Dr. Schwitters and his staff have always been true professionals and I'm continually pleased to see them for my dental needs. Story time: I had a dental emergency before I was a patient of DHA - East. I called to see what, if anything, could be done. Dr. Schwitters picked-up his assistant extra early the next morning in a terrible snowstorm in order to accommodate me at the earliest possible juncture! Heroes, the lot of them! - Lucas N.
Today I had my teeth cleaned at Dental Health Associates and Dr. Schwitters and my hygienist were professional, courteous and I feel I am in good hands with this practice! I look forward to future appointments with them. - Paul C.
Beautiful, Professional and wonderful dental and orthodontic care! Dr Chad Schwitters and Dr Steve Schasker are wonderful! My family and I have been loyal patients for over 7 years. - Kim M.
Have you ever fallen asleep naturally while getting your teeth cleaned? I did for the first time while being a patient of this clinic. Victoria and Dr. Schwitter are amazing! - Pamela P.
Was very impressed with my new hygienist and dentist. Hygienist was very informative and gentle. New dentist was personable. Look forward to a long existence at this clinic. - Liz G.
Great clinic. Started seeing Dr Schwitters several years ago and moved with him when he started the new clinic. Glad I did. He and his staff are very personable and friendly. - Jeff H.View All Dentists